By : MR MIH
Just in case you have no idea what feminism means, here is a clue ;
Feminism – Is a range of political movements, ideologies, and social movements that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve political, economic, personal, and social equality of sexes. This includes seeking to establish educational and professional opportunities for women that are equal to those for men.
The above topic is a very sensitive one but regardless of that, I’m going to keep my message simple and concise. Just so you know, I ain’t a masculinist. Now, let’s hit straight to the point.
- According to Stats , one in three women worldwide have experienced either intimate partner violence or non-partner sexual violence in their lifetime.
- As a matter of fact, women in Saudi Arabia weren’t allowed to drive (Until recently) and are still discouraged from working jobs that would put them in contact with men. The unemployment rate for women is 33 percent for women, 7 percent for men.
Thus, I sincerely appreciate the so called “feminist” for their efforts in regards to creating/fighting for gender equality in the society plus giving a voice to the voiceless.
The idea of feminism is a great one in its pure form. Of recent, the so called idea of “feminism” has been diluted with extremism , laziness , ego and selfish interest.
A friend of mine recently told me about how the new Maggi advert caused a stir on Twitter.
The advert displayed how a hardworking lady would go to work very early in the morning and come back home to cook for the family (Using Maggi as an ingredient) .
Anything wrong with that? In my opinion, that wasn’t just a brilliant Ad, it was a genuine story of what happens every single day especially in the African community (As far as I know).
My friend then told me that this brilliant Ad, caused huge arguments on social media because our so-called “feminist” , didn’t accept the idea of the same woman going to work in the morning and still coming back home to cook. Is that normal?
I had a similar experience with a friend and Sis who told me bluntly ; “Women aren’t housechore slaves!”. Look, no one said women are housechore slaves.
As a matter of fact, women are delicate creatures and should be treated delicately – No doubt about that. Women are to be respected.
It should be clear that a woman is the president of the household. It is her duty to keep the house in good order, take care of the kids, and make the house a place of comfort for her spouse.
The man on the other hand should take full responsibility for the welfare of his wife and kids. It is an utmost responsibility of the husband to treat his wife right and nurture her with care.
To all the women who have suffered domestic violence, rape or abuse, accept my sympathy. To all the ladies who has suffered heart breaks or disappointments, life ain’t fair (For both sex).
Just to make clear my point to any feminist reading this ; I understand your plight to give women the freedom to have a voice but please withdraw extremism from the equation.
Just as much as you display victims of rape or sexual assault, educate our ladies to dress responsibly. Just as much as women crave respect, it’s exactly the same with the men.
Just as much as women want men to take responsibility for the family, men too, don’t want to end up with liabilities.
For crying out loud, there are only two sex on the planet – Male & Female. Why make things seem like men are the only sex causing problems on the planet? Why make it seem like the opposite sex are the only victims? Why make it seem like only women are suffering on the planet?
I suggest the feminists don’t just focus on the errors of men, instead educate both parties. Let’s face it, we live on a broken planet. It is the freaking responsibility of both the male and female, men and women, ladies and guys to fix themselves.
It’s okay to cry for help, it’s not okay to whine about your misfortunes – Do something about it .
Dear feminists, I implore you to promote a sense of responsibility in our ladies. Hey ; “No one is perfect” , how about you start promoting this to our ladies?
The extremism in this thing called “feminism” has led to a lot of broken homes. I’ll play my part in educating anyone reading this (Especially if you are married) by sharing a few quote(s) by Michelle Obama ;
- Husbands: The reason why other women look attractive is because someone is taking good care of them. Grass is always green where it is watered. Instead of drooling over the green grass on the other side of the fence, work on yours and water it regularly. Any man can admire a beautiful woman, but it takes a true gentleman to make his woman admirable and beautiful.
- One spouse cannot build a marriage alone when the other spouse is committed to destroying it. Marriage works when both husband and wife work together as a team to build their marriage.
- Beware of marital advice from single people. Regardless of how sincere their advice may sound, most of it is theoretical and not derived from real life experiences. If you really need Godly advice, seek it from God-fearing, impartial and prayerful mature couples whose resolve has been tested by time and shaped by trials.
You see, the third quote above seems to be my favorite. Before you listen to a so called “feminist” , does her words correlates with her actions? Dear feminists, keep your ego/pain aside and tell the truth.
Don’t let your past experiences or relationships cloud your judgement. Tweak your message and make this planet a better place. How about that?!
– Make It Happen.