By : MR MIH
Don’t know about you but I’m having a great Friday here.
When I say great, it doesn’t mean I’m at a party or burning my time, it means I’m successfully figuring out what to do next.
I hate to be bored you know.
Thus today, I want to share with you some secrets that I use to keep myself moving.
As long as planet earth is concerned, you’re going to get punched in the face – If you’re chasing something really BIG.
I might sound inspirational or motivational on the surface but I have my doubts and insecurities too.
Thus, I figured out a way to get myself moving despite my doubts, insecurities and squiggles.
You see, I set very high standards for myself.
I’m a bit harsh on myself, that’s why I easily get disgusted when I see people settle or have no significant mission.
The “tough” talk will be a topic another day but as for now, let’s stay on track with the above topic.
I set high targets for myself.
As a matter of fact, I’m beginning to realize the importance of setting impossible-to-hit targets for oneself.
It’s way better than setting mediocre targets.
Permit me to hit you with my top 5 secrets that’ll get you moving regardless of your environment or insecurities :
- Go For Things That Are Way Out Of Your Reach – This is the number one trait of the GREATS. They don’t look for the easy catch. They set targets that are ridiculously high. Setting high targets makes the game exciting. It gives you the ability to actually see what you’re capable of. Quit chasing the easy lamb. Chase something huge and almost impossible to achieve. Think about it, travelling by air used to be an unattainable mission. Today, it seems like a normal thing, right? Expand your think!
- Brainwash Yourself – I have a saying ; “If you don’t brainwash yourself to do the right things , the wrong people will brainwash you to do the wrong things”- (Mr Mih) . When you have a goal or target, you HAVE to brainwash yourself completely that it can be done. If you don’t do that, you’ll lose the drive even before you start.
- Keep Your Mission Simple – I set huge targets and I realized I used to get overwhelmed by this targets. It was like a load in my chest and I lost the drive pretty soon. This is exactly what happens to millions of people daily. Dreams die everyday because of this folks. People set high targets but can’t break down their actions in significant bits. That’s awful. Look at nature. Nature is a very complex thing (When you study biology) but it appears beautiful and simple , right? Keep your dreams really BIG but simple (Your moves) . Don’t complicate things. Break your goals down, but know the end result you want. This isn’t theoretical, this is what I do. Hey my friend, keep it simple!
- Measure Your Progress : Sometimes you have to look back to see how far you have come and how far you CAN actually go. Let me give you a simple secret here – Focus on your progress and you’ll have nothing but more progress. It’s the rule of nature.
- Never Settle – I can tell you from experience that each time I achieve a goal or mission, I feel this urge to simply “relax”. Needless to say say, I’ve escaped that trap. I know without a doubt that comfort is the enemy. Comfort is a ruthless killer. It slices the throat of your potential and ambition and if you’re NOT careful, you’ll soon be left with nothing but misery and depression. Comfort is the ultimate thief. It steals the dreams. When your dreams are gone, tell me, what else do you have? Never settle, ever! Keep moving. Keep exploring. Keep seeking solutions. Keep on looking.
– Make It Happen.