By : MR MIH
NOTE – The Purpose Of This Article Is To Inspire People That Want To Do BIG Things To Press Forward. This Article Is Strictly For The DOERS!
Happy Eid-ul-Kabeer to my Muslim friends across the globe.
So in the last four weeks, I worked on a BIG project.
I directed a live stage drama (Iruju Ade – The Mystery Of The Crown).
I worked with some freaking committed people and we did make sh*t happen.
The stage play was the first of its kind in the history of Federal Polytechnic Ede.
The stage play started with an idea.
I have to admit that it wasn’t an easy deal but with fierce commitment, ferocious discipline and sacrifice, we did it.
Zero bragging. We did the stage play plus marketing of the stage play in less than 4 weeks. Far from being easy.
I would like to state that (The stage play) has so far been the biggest project I’ve worked on.
It was freaking exciting yet very scary PLUS this project thought me one vital lesson – Excuses don’t get the job done.
True confidence stems from doing something you once thought you couldn’t do.
Today, I want to talk to you about something very simple – How To Get The Job Done.
Regardless of how beautiful your ideas are, if you can’t bring them to life, your ideas are useless.
Ideas are useless UNTIL they’re brought to life.
Bringing your ideas to life takes a lot of work but even more – It takes a great deal of COURAGE!
Here are 5 sure fire tips on how to get the job done :
- Have An All-In Mentality – If you can’t go all in on any deal, don’t take on the deal. You want to win? Go all in or full hundred percent on the deal. When you fail to give the deal your hundred percent, don’t cry when you lose the deal. You wanna win? You wanna bleed less or not at all on the battle field? Give the mission or task your ALL. Throw in all your chips. The most guaranteed way to fail is to treat the mission like it’s going to be easy.
- Quit Listening To Your Feelings : If you want to get the job done, you have to quit listening to your feelings. When we were working on the Iruju Ade (Mystery Of The Crown), there were times I “felt” tired, off, or bored yet, I still showed up to rehearsals. I didn’t just show up, I brought my A-game to the field every single time. This is what you need to do to get the job done – Disregard your feelings. Just so you know, no one really cares about your feelings. When you go to the bank, they don’t care about your feelings. In general sense, the market place doesn’t care about your feelings. Focus a hundred percent on one thing – getting the job done.
- Drop Your Ego – “Angels fly because they take themselves light” – Mystic. You have to take yourself simple if you want to get sh*t done. If you really want to get the job done, you have to drop your so called titles. You have to roll your sleeves and be willing to get dirty. Your ego doesn’t help anyone. Getting the job done inspires others. Take yourself simple. Practice being ordinary. Instead of focusing on the people who disrespect you, shuns you, or call you names, getting the job done should be your ULTIMATE goal.
- Keep A Bright Attitude – You’re gonna lose. You’re gonna get punched in the face with disappointments. You’re gonna feel uncomfortable. You’re gonna feel uninspired. Regardless of how tough the mission is, you have to stick to the game with a bright vibe. Wake up everyday with a sense of possibilities instead of doubt. Be enthusiastic about your goals. It attracts or compels others to follow your creed.
- Take CUMBERSOME Amounts Action – Not any kind of action but load upon loads of action. If you don’t push hard, like freaking hard, you aren’t serious enough. If you want to accomplish BIG things, you have to be willing to do BIG and sacrifice BIG. Remember to disregard your feelings and instead dig in on your efforts. Remember ; “Luck is hidden in your efforts” – Mr Mih
– Make It Happen
P.S – Please SHARE this message