By : Mr Mih
I’d love to make this quick ; Just so you know, I’m not a communication expert but I talk a lot.
Call me a “talkative” if you want but just “talking” is quite different from communicating effectively.
Poor people talk, successful present their ideas in a more catchy and compelling way.
My whole life has been literally about watching and listening to leaders in all walks of life.
I’m not just talking about the so called influencers you watch on YouTube or the ones you see in the movies.
I’m talking about real life leaders, in real situations.
I watch how these people can capture the full attention of an audience. I watch how they inspire their people to take action.
I study their patterns of delivering their messages. I watch how they evolve.
Here are the top 5 lessons I’ve learned from them so far in regards to communicating effectively ;
1. They’re Clear About Their Message : Successful people/Great leaders talk about what they know.
They don’t swing over to topics they know almost nothing about.
They have clear intentions, they know where they are going and they communicate their ideas to others in a very clear and distinct way.
2. They Keep Their Message Concise : Great leaders are well conscious of their time. They hit straight to the point AND they want you to do the same when talking to them.
3. They’re Great Listeners : This should actually be at the top of the list but for no reason, I kept it here.
Great leaders listen with the intent to understand not to give response.
Listen more and more people would inevitably want to share their thoughts with you.
In return, they’ll want to listen to you too. Life is a mirror, remember?
4. They Keep Their Message Simple : While the average person is literally looking to impress you with their vocabularies, great leaders are looking to make sure you fully grasp their message.
Thus, they keep their message ridiculously simple.
5. They Pound On Their Message :
Great leaders know that humans are forgetful by nature.
Thus, they repeat their message through different ways or means till it is almost impossible to forget.
Great leaders assume that no one understands their plight, thus, they pound on their mission/message so frequently that everyone can resonate with it.
Which of the five tips did you find helpful?
– Make It Happen