By : Mr Mih
Hey, happy Friday.
Today, I’m going to be expressing myself or my thoughts via a poem that talks about the insanity going on in the digital world.
Proudly brought to you by ; Mr Mih. Enjoy ;
- Everyone’s got a TV in their pocket
- Fully concentrated on our little lens
- Even when we around family and friends
- We smile at each other but we communicate less.
- Trying to catch up with the latest trend.
- Everyone’s got an opinion on every subject
- Broken relationships cos the distractions are endless
- Physically together but the mind is elsewhere.
- Getting glued to the flashy things on the internet.
- Yet you smile but deep on the inside, you’re being depressed.
- Zero selflessness, everyone’s trying to talk about themselves.
- Plenty noise, plenty talk, plenty hate, plenty trolls and almost zero sense.
- Silent competition, no one’s happy with your progress.
- Keyboard champions with no real achievement.
- Behind my screen, all I see is pretense.
- It feels good to feast on other people’s flaws and weakness.
- But remember, that never led to greatness.
- I sip my whine, take a walk, call a friend, to stay mentally fresh.
- Staying offline just to regain consciousness.
- Boredom finally led to protests.
- What a shame, we already addicted.
- Walking in the rain, drenched in fear.
- Hell yeah, no one cares and no one sees your tears.
- I could go on and on with all these mess.
- But right now, I just have to drop my pen.