By : Mr Mih
Quick Story ;
On 25th of June 2009, I was in my room doing my assignment when I heard a lady exclaim : “Michael Jackson is dead!”
I rushed out of my room thinking it was a lie but to my surprise she appeared to be sad and serious about it.
It was on Thursday , I didn’t have a phone to confirm the news. I was heartbroken.
Later that evening, I remember looking out the window thinking it was still a lie.
I then summoned the courage to assume it was true for a second and I didn’t even know when tears rolled down my cheeks.
I was a teenager at the time and I was heartbroken. It cut me deep.
I went to school the following day and that was the subject on everyone’s lips for weeks. I was sad cos I was such a fan.
I didn’t get to watch most of Michael Jackson’s live stage performance at the time but I was opportune to watch the thriller album countless times.
I watched it over and over again.
I was so obsessed with dancing at the time so much that I had almost zero time for my academics.
As a kid, I had the impression that Michael Jackson was a great man but as I evolved into being an adult, I respected him even more.
I understand that he wasn’t perfect just like everyone else but you have to acknowledge greatness when you see one.
I remember watching an interview of the late Kobe Bryant on YouTube earlier this year and he said ;
“I thought I had a great work ethic until I met Michael Jackson“.
Mind you, the late Kobe Bryant was known by many people across the globe for his great work ethic.
“Brace Yourself” – Michael Jackson
In year 2000, the Guinness Book of World Records cited Michael Jackson as the most philanthropic pop star on the planet.
Mind you, just because he was the most philanthropic pop star doesn’t mean he didn’t have haters.
Aside the amazing records Michael Jackson held, what amazed me most about him was the meek, soft vibe he had when he was off stage.
As soon as he gets on stage, he had this aura of commanding the audience.
He was a beast on stage.
It didn’t matter how tight you filled up a stadium with people, as soon as he got on stage, he knows exactly how to move the crowd EFFORTLESSLY.
Today, people pay to even learn how to overcome their fear of facing an audience.
If you’re an upcoming artist, I recommend you go watch some of Michael Jackson’s stage performance and study how he thrills his audience.
There’s something about his passion and moves on stage that’s so contagious. He was well coordinated.
You don’t have to dance or sing like him, but you’ll learn a thing or two from this genius.
Records Held By Michael Jackson .
Below is just a few list of a couple of records held by Michael Jackson.
If at all we want to write about all his records, we would publish a book or even make a movie.
You can also checkout some of his records here but first, let’s go down this list :
- Michael Jackson currently holds the record for the most wins by a male artist at the American Music Awards with 24, with the last four won posthumously and 20 wins in his lifetime.
- At the 1984 Grammys, Thriller earned Michael 7 Grammy awards with Jackson winning an eighth for his contribution to the E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial soundtrack, the most won by an artist in a single year.
- Jackson (aged 11 years, 155 days or 11 years, 5 months, and 2 days) is the youngest vocalist ever to top the Hot 100. As part of the Jackson 5, he topped the charts with “I Want You Back” on the week of January 31, 1970
- The record for the most Grammy Awards won in a year is eight, by Michael Jackson in 1984
- Michael Jackson is the highest earning dead celebrity.
Today, anyone can become a star because of social media but Michael Jackson shook the entire planet WITHOUT social media.
You really really have to respect that.
This was a man who understood branding way back in the 80’s. He had his own dance moves and signature.
His dress sense was unique. He not only entertained with his songs, he spread love through his music.
Any viable artist would attest to the fact that Michael Jackson was a creative genius.
Aside being a creative genius, he had a good heart. He was a dominant force on the planet. He was a champ.
Top 10 Quotes From Michael Jackson On Success.
Let’s take a peep into the mindset of this genius through some of his famous quotes. My favorite quote is the number 2.
Let me know your favorite quote of Michael Jackson via the comment section. Enjoy ;
2. The greatest education in the world is watching the masters at work
3. I’m going to search for my star until I find it. It’s hidden in the drawer of innocence, wrapped in a scarf of wonder.
4. In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe
5. If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself, and make a change.
6. Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons.
7. Work like there’s no tomorrow. Train. Strive. Really train and cultivate your talent to the highest degree.
8. I’m interested in making a path instead of following a trail.
9. Chin up kid, they’d love to see you fall.
10. I think it’s important to help out as much as you can. Just to help one person means a lot. It’s a big step forward.
In closing, Michael Jackson wasn’t a perfect creature just like everyone else but he was a man with a good heart.
Plus, even with his good heart, he had haters.
You can’t be good enough for everyone. You can browse the internet all day to find what he did wrong and you’ll find a ton of things.
Here at “Mr Mih Inspirations”, we focus on possibilities and positivity.
Thus, we focus on the positive impact/effect Michael Jackson had in the music industry and on the planet as a whole.
Truth be told, if we really want to dig into the life of this “mysterious genius” in regards to the positive effect he made on the planet, we would have a really nice movie.
An article ain’t possibly enough to talk about his greatness.
Michael Jackson life (To me) encompasses one thing – Greatness.
The coming generation would still talk about him in awe. That’s legacy and greatness in its finest form. Go for greatness.
If at all we want to be great and change the planet positively , we have to start with ourselves.
Michael Jackson put it brilliantly ; “I’m starting with the man in the mirror“.
– Make It Happen
P.S – Please SHARE and visit our Homepage HERE for more exciting/life changing articles.
Ad : Just incase you’ve been searching for your purpose, looking to tap into your greatness or have always wanted to have the courage to live life on your terms, I highly recommend this product. Thanks for reading!